This week in links: 2 great contests, drinking advice from Runner Girl, and what it's like to get knocked out. Good times.
It's been a great week already: we posted our interview with guitarist Bill Dolan, as well as Coach Kelly Wissolik's tempo run workouts. Peep 'em out—it's good stuff.
- cymru66 Â» Itâs Competition Time!
Steve Speirs—the man that brought you the One Hundred Push-up Challenge and his great running blog Run Bulldog Run—wants a VW Bus. Check out his new site and the competition he's running. There's some great prizes and a truly novel advertising idea. I think I have my spot on his ad grid picked out—where's yours going?
- bigmouth indeed strikes again: "NEWS ON THE RADIO"
The always interesting Amy GÃ¼th is having a unique contest to make her road trip more entertaining. Check it out, brainstorm and come up with a winner. (I wish she was passing through Amarillo—I think she's ready to take on Big Texan Steak Ranch's 72 ouncer, and I'd like to see the pics documenting the attempt.)
- How Many Miles A Week Should I Run?
Runner's World has some insight and provides answers for this common question.
- How Not To Run a Marathon | Running Humor
Absolute worst case scenario for marathon prep. Hysterical. I believe the hotdogs-and-sauerkraut could have been expounded upon, but maybe it's best that it wasn't...
- Best Bang For Your Beer: Top 10 Light Beers | Who Is Runner Girl?
Runner Girl does a nice rundown of various beers and their merits (alcohol content, calories, etc). This might require further research...
- Top Ten Drinks To Order At The Bar | Who Is Runner Girl?
Another good booze-centric post from Runner Girl. Some potentially helpful advice on what to avoid if you have to get up and run in the morning.
- A Runner's Building Blocks | Active.com
Great article on the 6 workouts runners should cycle through, providing variety critical to muscle development and improvement.
- Sensitive Topics for Runners - Embarrassing Running Problems
There should be a scoring system for this post—if you've had 1-3, you're a beginner, 3-6 you're intermediate, and 7-10 you've had some nasty stuff happen to you as a result of running.
- Whoâs Giboo? Iowa fighter/science teacher chronicles first UFC experience (Part VI) at UFC blog for UFC news, results, videos, rumors, fights, pics and tickets â MMAmania.com
We've seen a lot of runners blog a post-mortem after a big race; this is a glimpse of the same thing, but for a wholly different sport. James Giboo's final post about the experience of his first fight in the UFC. Crazy stuff.
- Totally Looks Likeâ¦ Famous People and Celeb Look-A-Likes
Okay, this is wrong. But it's funny. Which doesn't make it right. But it's still funny. From the folks that brought you I Can Has Cheezburger, it's Totally Looks Like. Enjoy!
Photo courtesy of aarmono at Flickr
Leave a Comment
Let's keep it polite and on topic.